Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Saddy saddy saddy pants

I don't know how to start this entry. I had a good weekend, sort of bitter-sweet, though.

The day started off sad. I found my black moore Banjo clutched to the aquarium filter, upside down, bug-eyed, mouth gaping open, and not black at all anymore. I kinda saw that he wasn't doing very well- his colour was waning more and more, fins kept to his sides, and he never ate well (he didn't like the food, but would bottom-feed when he got really hungry- I was advised against separating him during feeding time, or trying to feed him bloodworms, both which I will try next time if I feel the need). I gave him a flush, and declared we leave the house.

After breakfast at Mt. Hope Diner, we looked at another house. We also looked at one yesterday - one was okay, but much smaller on the inside. And the other turned out to be Charles's grandmother's house where his whole family lived and frequented for 30 years. The place is right in our range, GORGEOUS inside. So many rooms and spaces and lovely fixtures... But the roof needs a little work. And Charles is having second thoughts. I have to say I'm really disappointed - I was ready to sacrifice ideal location for this place, and I wasn't at first! No, I didn't like the idea of living in that area, in that house, at all. But then I saw the inside. Roamed the neighbourhood. And loved it. And now he's thinking differently about it. Typical. I have a feeling I'll be getting my own apartment when the time comes for us to move.

Then we went to the toy show at the Village Gate. I almost bought mooncalfe a set of Ninja Turtles qees (Mirage-masked), but Charles spent too much time trying to convince me to save my money. When I finally convinced HIM I wanted them, the person right in front of me bought one of the four, thus ruining the set :( I ended up buying pax_athena a thing or two, though ;)

Earlier this week:

Thursday night, I went to Mt. Hope Cemetery with Brendan and Casey. Sneaking in was easier than sneaking out, because we needed to find a separate hole in the gate (there used to be tonnes of entry points, but they've recently fixed the fence). We walked miles of the land and still didn't even cover half the cemetery. I loved it.

Friday, they picked me up to head over to Shamrock Jack's for a free show by a great local Irish punk band called Sisters of Murphy. Despite the references, they don't cover Sisters of Mercy, and hardly cover Dropkick Murphys - they mostly cover traditional Irish folk songs, Flogging Molly, and original songs. They are fantastic. I also ran into one of my co-workers and his wife. They bought me a great drink and we chatted for a bit between sets.

Saturday, after nursing my hangover, I got a text from my mom saying to meet her at the Village Gate for sushi. The rice and tempura were green! Then I went to a drinky party, where I had one drink that I didn't finish, and left early due to one annoying douche bag.

At the end of my weekend, I made fudge for SOMEONE who stood me up AGAIN because he is a massive heartbreaker and loves the taste of my tears.

And then I went to turn the aquarium light off and was reminded that I only have one fish now :(


( 2 comments — Leave a comment )
Mar. 19th, 2012 03:40 am (UTC)

I'm sorry about your fish. Poor guy.
(Deleted comment)
Mar. 27th, 2012 02:35 pm (UTC)
hah! That fudge was gone by Friday! I made a new batch Saturday morning - that's the one you got <3
Next time you're over, remind me, and I'll make a recipe card for your mom. But only if you promise I'll still be your main supplier ;)
( 2 comments — Leave a comment )